Latest Skeptic Posts
- When I was 25 years old I lost my dad.
I'd been out of the Navy for just over a year, newly married, and living in New England where my new bride was from. My dad had been unable to attend the wedding, although we had invited him. My mom was there, so I had some family in attendance.
I did a ...more
- Social media can be absolutely brutal, Twitter especially. It’s not that people are lying in wait for others to tweet something stupid, or hurtful; it’s just that when someone does just that, it doesn’t take long to get piled on.
I’ve written about this before, and I still wonder what people just don’t get.
Sometimes it’s just in fun, a sarcastic ...more
- I'm trying to figure this one out. And I admit that it may be an exercise of futility. However...
As a survivor of physical abuse when I was young, there are very specific scenarios I avoid so as to not trigger what I consider major panic attacks.
As a survivor of rape prior to going to Army basic training, there are very ...more
- Karen Stollznow has made spurious and demonstrably false accusations of sexual harassment and sexual assault against Ben Radford, apparently arising from his failure to pursue a relationship with her, and her need to raise her standing in the Social Justice Warrior community by upping her victim cred for fun and profits. Having rejected Radfords offer for her to submit a ...more
- Ok, I feel like I should write a more serious piece on this. So, what happens now for Brendon Eich? Well, a few things.
First, he's going to find work somewhere else. Given his previous positions, it'll probably be a higher-up position; something where he has some form of decision-making power in a company. Thing is, he's probably not going ...more
Blogging network for skeptics