Latest Skeptic Posts
- So I came across the following tweets by the decidedly non-erudite Jonathan (Josh) McIntosh:
Being of a curious bent, I followed Josh's link to the Wikipedia article which has to do with the experience of "losing oneself" in a story. We've all likely experienced this phenomenon. If you've ever been reading a good novel and lose track of time or fail ...more
- So today is American Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving was last month), and although the holiday has a great deal of religious overtones in it's origins, I am not opposed to the idea of showing appreciation. I will however express it to people who have done deeds of merit, and not to a non existent deity or a nebulous imperceptible cosmic force.
- Do videos like this make an ...more
Finally, after some email tag and general game playing by Twitter support, the reason for my now nearly three-week long suspension from Twitter has finally been revealed:
Now, your guess is as good as mine as to what "targeted abuse" actually means. The term carries more than a whiff of euphemistic moral panic bullshit about it, right up there with ...more
- PZ Myers has adopted a cat. Apparently, Trophy Wife had been fostering it for some time. It's black, so PZ wanted to post a photo of it for Halloween. The cat wouldn't sit still (it's a shy feral), so PZ held it down while he took the shot. I'm sure Trophy Wife will provide a ...more
- Since California' Proposition 8 passed in 2008, I have been interested in the marriage equality debate. Over the past six years, I've done thousands of pages of reading on this topic. This reading includes books, articles, blog posts, and studies; and most importantly dozens of legal decisions, amicus briefs, and other court documents. What follows is a comprehensive analysis of ...more
- 1984 was mentioned in a post regarding "Social Justice Warriors" (SJW) and "thoughtcrime". It was brought up lightly but, upon thinking further, it seems as though quite a bit of that dystopian novel can be seen cracking through the thin veneer of the online community that houses atheists, skeptics, and proponents of social justice.
Surveillance, feminist cult of personality, a privileged ...more
Blogging network for skeptics