Latest Skeptic Posts
- Heard about this?
Pretty awful and I really can't believe there are parents that actually allowed their daughters to participate in this ...more
- It seems to me that debates on whether moral realism is true are often misguided. Usually, people approach the debate with the following idea in mind: "There is some thing, X, which is called a moral fact. X exists (or, X does not exist)."
But perhaps we should look at this in a different way. Consider this: "There is some ...more
- There have been over a million tweets regarding #Gamergate. I have typed out a few myself along with 2 blog posts prior to this one about it.
The reason(s) I am on the Gamergate "side" of this squabble? Firstly, I love video games. My live in girlfriend would attest to the amount of time I spend with an XBox 360 controller ...more
- I am writing this letter to apologize for myself and the fellow members of the twitter community, as well as any other online communities involved in the #gamergate movement. I apologize both for our reprehensible behavior and our very existence.
I apologize for and condemn the death threats sent to Anita Sarkesian, Zoe Quinn and anyone else online, male or female, ...more
- There's and old adage: 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.' Paul "PZ" Myers would do well to remember it, as he has a fondness for recklessly hurling stones, hand grenades, and assorted rhetorical bricks in random directions with little forethought.
Just this week, Myers lobbed a real doozy. Myers was furious that atheist activist, Michael Nugent, was allowing Slymepit members ...more
- 1984 was mentioned in a post regarding "Social Justice Warriors" (SJW) and "thoughtcrime". It was brought up lightly but, upon thinking further, it seems as though quite a bit of that dystopian novel can be seen cracking through the thin veneer of the online community that houses atheists, skeptics, and proponents of social justice.
Surveillance, feminist cult of personality, a privileged ...more
Blogging network for skeptics