Latest Skeptic Posts
- I personally think this is a victory for the secular world. Some however, disagree.
There’s an article at Investors Business Daily discussing the recent settlement between the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) where the IRS agrees to monitor churches to ensure they are obeying the law.
The law I’m referring to is the Johnson Amendment ...more
- So, as both of my readers will be aware, I am on vacation this week. I am checking in with the online atheosphere only irregularly. Still, a couple of interesting things have lit up my (attenuated) radar. Surprisingly, both of them involve Professor Richard Dawkins. Unsurprisingly, they also include the SJW squadron of the internet atheist barnstorming wing. I'll write ...more
- (Trigger Warning: vulgar epithets directed at vulgar people.)
For reasons known only to himself, Richard Dawkins recently agreed to issue a joint statement with Ophelia Benson. A brief, tepid platitude, the statement observes:
"It’s not news that allies can’t always agree on everything. People who rely on reason rather than dogma to think about the world are bound to disagree about some things.
"Disagreement is inevitable, ...more
- Yesterday, I was made aware of a talk by Ryan T. Anderson in which he argues against same-sex marriage. After a short discussion on Facebook, I've decided to comment at length on Anderson's talk and subsequent Q & A.
The facebook discussion: here (note: this post is only viewable to friends of the poster. However, my comments on the talk ...more
- So, in a effort to bring this blog back to it's roots and take it away from the drama that burbles out of the schism like a festering pus volcano, I'm going to post a friendly warning about the warning signs of a McDojo. Worry not, dear reader, the internet will no doubt provide more drama to comment on, but ...more
Blogging network for skeptics